In a slight detour from the usual videos, I thought I would share with you my new studio build, and for those that like this sort of thing, a desk tour.
You’ll find the video below along with a list of all of the products mentioned in the video below that.
It’s been a long time coming. As a small business owners, it was a choice between four potential options:
- Designing in a new room to our house renovations – but cost per SqM on the house was WAY more than building something in the garden.
- Using the existing giant shed in the garden. I did convert part of it but it was damp and didn’t meet building regs
- Renting studio / office space in a local business park or desk share building. I did rent a space for a couple of months and it was great but the costs soon rack up.
- Invest in a new garden studio build – which I did!
It’s taken a lot of planning and a lot of saving but I got there. I have a new space for work, play, creativity and of course, serious media publishing.
I hope to make full use of this space to make more videos, write more books, create more art and do more good work for you all.
Products Mentioned in the video
Some of the following links are affiliate links meaning I earn a little commission should you proceed to buy anything from the site. Only the Amazon links are affiliate below.
Studio Build > Furniture
- Habitat side table – Argos
- Yellow Comfy Chair – Next
- Resin River Table – Bertram Lillian Furniture
- Leather desk protector – Amazon
- Elloven Monitor Riser – Ikea
- Arbaz Standing Desk – Wayfair
- Chicasaw Sideboard – Wayfair
Studio Build > Art and Books
- Art work prints from Hand and Palm – Hand and Palm
- Bird art work from Laura Martin – Laura Martin Designs
- Draplin Design Co – Pretty Much Everything book – Amazon
- Mirror Sound Book – Amazon