In this immersive workshop we will literally build a bright future.
The future is always easier to comprehend if you can touch it and see it. It’s often hard for leaders and managers to jump out of their existing paradigm and imagine a future that isn’t merely an extension of the current world of work.
Depending on the requirements, appetite for thinking big and time/location we may build a physical product, a series of postcards from the future, a zine or a series of posters. Each of which brings your future to life in something tangible.
We then work out how to crystallise this in a painted picture of the future (step 1 of the Releasing Agility Model) and add some business rigour to it in the form of some goals and objectives. If we have time we will then design a communication plan to support this.
The hard work comes next – leaning into the current reality – my consultancy model can support with that
Schedule and Location
Space is needed for this. I provide the materials, you provide the brains. Ideally a suitable room with plenty of workspaces (floors, desks etc).
- 08:30 – 09:00 – Set up work space
- 09:00–09:30 — Introductions
- 09:30–10:45 — Building products
- 11:00–12:30 — Building products
- 13:30 – 15:00 — Building products
- 15:30 – 17:00 – Turning products into a strategy
Location is up to you – your office, a local hotel, factory – somewhere with parking, coffee and space to create.
- Before the workshop begins, please do some pre-thinking about the kind of business you want. What business would you succeed in? What type of business would you enjoy running? What type of business do you need to succeed in the market?
- Ensure your team have no meetings or tasks scheduled – it’s important everyone is engaged.
- Turn up, leave politics at the door and put your creative hat on. This is a behavioural lead workshop and individual opinions and ideas matter a lot. “Disagree and Commit” is a useful mantra to come prepped with.
After the workshop
- It’s expected that someone will transcribe the next steps into your suitable work management tool for action.
- I will write up the day’s notes – anything I spot that could be useful, and send this over to you within 2-3 working days.
- I will compile a “zine” of the outputs for you to print / distribute